Progressive Web App is important as the user experience is everything in today’s world, with 43% of users dissatisfied with slow website loading times. Given that 87% of people using smartphones, Google is increasingly focusing on mobile-first indexing, forcing marketers to adapt. The development of progressive web applications (PWAs) has led to their adoption by companies like Starbucks, Pinterest, BMW, Alibaba, and Twitter. Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) have revolutionized user experience, made apps lighter, and improved results quality. However, PWA development is simpler than native app creation.
PWA technology boosts customer acquisition by 12 times and requires 300 times less storage than native apps, making it the future’s way.
Table of Contents
Let’s first clarify!
What a Progressive Web App (PWA) is.
Traditional Web Pages and mobile applications have merged into Progressive Web Apps (PAWs). They present an innovative technique for developing software that blends mobile-friendly features with those provided by any accessible browser. PWA are just mobile websites with functionality similar to those of apps. They behave and look like natives, yet you don’t have to visit an app store.
What is Web App
Difference between Progressive Web App (PWA) and Web Apps
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) and Web Apps both run in browsers, but there are key differences:
- Installation: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) replicate native apps by enabling users to add an icon to their home screen. This grants direct access to Web Apps through the browser, offering a seamless and app-like experience.
- Offline Access: PWAs optimize resource usage, allowing operation even offline or in areas with poor connectivity. Unlike web apps that rely on a constant internet connection, PWAs ensure functionality despite network limitations, providing a reliable user experience in diverse conditions.
- User Engagement: Push notifications, an exclusive feature of PWAs, significantly amplify user engagement levels. Web apps typically lack this functionality, making PWAs stand out by fostering direct, real-time communication with users, enhancing interactivity and connection.
- Responsive Design: While both employ adaptable layouts, PWAs excel in mobile optimization, ensuring a superior user experience. Their focus on mobile devices leads to heightened performance and seamless interaction, setting them apart in delivering a more refined and engaging user journey.
- Discoverability: Due to their web-based nature, PWAs boast greater discoverability by search engines, enhancing their visibility. In contrast, web apps might experience lower awareness among users due to potentially limited exposure in search engine results.
In short, PWA blend web and app features for better offline access, engagement, and discoverability compared to traditional Web Apps.
PWA are becoming more and more popular, and the IT sector is investing heavily in them. A number of browsers, especially Google Chrome and Opera, already support PWA, while Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari are aiming to expand PWA support. Progressive web apps may therefore eventually take the role of regular web applications.
Seeking an Outcome-Oriented Digital Marketing Firm?
Altis Infonet Pvt Ltd is a Web Development and Digital Marketing company with a focus on client servicing through knowledge-based solutions. Our team of experts will help make your digital dreams come true!