Sending emails to recipients’ inboxes is one of the main challenges that the majority of email marketers face. It’s disheartening to see the message you sent in spam, despite the time and work you put into crafting it. For businesses to reach their target audience and grow their customer base, email marketing has become an essential tool. Let’s understand Email Deliverability in brief.
Table of Contents
Difference between email delivery and email deliverability
Email delivery and email deliverability are two different measures, so let’s be clear about that before we move on to the approaches.
- Email delivery: It determines whether the recipient is able to accept your emails. If an email does not bounce, it gets delivered to the recipient. You’ll observe a high email delivery rate as a result.
- Email deliverability: It influences whether your email will get into the primary, social, or promotional inboxes of your readers instead of going to their spam folder.
Importance of Email Deliverability
It’s important that one give time and attention to the ongoing effort of improving email deliverability. The deliverability of emails should be a concern for email marketers for a number of reasons.
- Obtain your target market: Get a hold of your target market. Your subscribers must view your emails in order to appreciate them. With strong email deliverability, subscribers are ensured to receive the email campaign for which they signed up.
- Build trust and reputation: Every time you send an email, you are attempting to increase your reliability and gain the audience’s trust. When users find the emails they signed up for in their primary inboxes rather than their spam bins, you develop your brand’s reputation.
- Improve conversions and engagement: Increased email deliverability will increase email engagement, which will increase conversions. Additionally, you can increase traffic and sales the higher your email engagement rate.
- Keep up with customer relationships: Consistently appearing in your subscribers’ inboxes develops brand loyalty and strengthens the customer connection.
Factors That Affect Email Deliverability
Email deliverability can be impacted by a wide range of variables, including email content, IP reputation, and many more.
Typically, when an email doesn’t make it to the inbox, one of four scenarios occurs:
- Flexible bounce: caused by a short-term problem on the recipient’s end, such as a full inbox or a momentary outage of their email server.
- Hard bounce: When the provided email address is invalid, a hard bounce occurs.
- Blocked: Internet service providers (ISPs) or email service providers (ESPs) have stopped the delivery of your email.
- Spam folder: Your email was received in the recipient’s spam folder.
Ways to Improve Deliverability.
- Build a Quality Email List:
- Ensure subscribers opt in willingly.
- Regularly clean and remove inactive or bounced email addresses.
- Authenticate Your Domain:
- Implement SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records to verify your domain’s authenticity..
- Avoid Spam Triggers:
- Craft subject lines and content, avoiding excessive use of trigger words.
- Balance the text-to-image ratio and avoid large attachments.
- Use a Recognizable Sender Name:
- Use a sender name that recipients can easily identify and trust.
- Regularly Test Your Emails:
- Use A/B testing to optimize subject lines, content, and sending times.
- Provide Clear Unsubscribe Options:
- Make it easy for recipients to unsubscribe, reducing the likelihood of marking your emails as spam.
- Limit Sending Frequency:
- Avoid sending too many emails in a short period of time to prevent recipients from marking you as spam.
- Avoid Purchased Lists:
- Don’t buy email lists; they often contain irrelevant or outdated contacts.
- Respect Privacy and Regulations:
- Comply with data protection laws like GDPR and CAN-SPAM to ensure lawful and ethical practices.
- Provide Valuable Content:
- Deliver content that recipients find useful, relevant, and engaging.
As you can see, email deliverability has a significant impact on how effective your email marketing initiatives are. In this comprehensive tutorial, we have addressed the fundamentals of email deliverability as well as best practices for your email campaigns. The essentials have been covered, including the difference between email delivery and deliverability and the need to maintain a positive sender reputation.
You can significantly boost your chances of reaching the inbox and engaging your subscribers successfully by putting the methods to increase email deliverability described in this resource into practice.
Seeking an Outcome-Oriented Digital Marketing Firm?
Altis Infonet Pvt Ltd is a Web Development and Digital Marketing company with a focus on client servicing through knowledge-based solutions. Our team of experts will help make your digital dreams come true!